Special immigration considerations for family of U.S. Armed Forces‘ members and enlistees

Family members of U.S. military service members and veterans as well as family members of people seeking to enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces can be the recipients of parole-in-place and deferred action.

These benefits can be granted to the spouse, children and parents of the active duty member, veteran or person seeking to enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces who can either be a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident.

Parole-in-place can be granted to aliens who are present in the United States without admission or parole. After parole-in-place is granted, the beneficiary could file a petition to adjust status to that of a lawful permanent resident while in the United States, without having to go through the consular processing and without having to leave United States in order to receive an immigrant visa.

On the other hand, Deferred Action can be granted to aliens who were inspected and lawfully admitted to the United States but overstayed their visas. A grant of deferred action allows the beneficiaries to apply for an Employment Authorization Document.

«« Back

«« Regresar